Monday, February 6, 2017

"You know we sing about praising God, and how the God on the mountain is still God in the valley.....we sing with smiles on our faces until something bad happens. Then we whine, we get angry and suddenly those songs irritate us. Our 'Have Faith in God' attitude is gone. But the Bible tells us to thank God when we go through trials because He makes us stronger. God is enough, trusting Him is enough."

This was my response to a group message on social media back in September of 2014, just two months after my daughter's disappearance. Going through the situation that I am in, it's hurtful, overwhelming and exhausting. My friends were trying to send me encouragement, but they were at a loss for words. I began getting messages like "I wish I could do more" and "I hate that you are going through this."

I remember that evening like it was yesterday, I also remember when the words above came to me. God gave me the assurance that He is all I need to get through this, and He is all my daughter needs. I knew I needed to write those words down and look back on them during my weakest moments. I wanted to share them with you. Whatever you're struggling with today, just remember God IS ENOUGH! 

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."   James 1:2-3

"Rejoice always, pray continuously, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."    1 Thessalonians 5:16-18



kathyjo79.blogspot.com

2.6.2017

No comments:

Post a Comment